Church of the Redeemer welcomes your children! Redeemer’s Kids is our ministry for children from birth through 5th grade. We invite you to come and see what God is doing with us and in the lives of our kids. The Children’s Ministry is where our church family comes together to lead children into a growing personal relationship with Jesus.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will assist you with children upon your arrival. If you are a visitor, any of our volunteers can help visitors find the right Redeemer’s Kids class.
We take security very seriously at Church of the Redeemer. All of our children’s ministry workers and volunteers undergo a thorough background check, and we have computerized check-in stations for children when they arrive for class on Sunday morning.
Where do we go?
Nursery, Redeemer’s Kids, and Children’s Church all meet in our Children’s Center. If it’s your first time visiting us, please speak with a greeter at the sanctuary doors and they will guide you to our children’s area.
Contact Jamie Turner, Children’s Director (Jamie@RedeemerAtlanta.org).
What happens on Sundays?
9:15 Sunday Communities
- Classes are open for drop off at 9:15 and classes begin at 9:30.
- Nursery offered for our 0-3 year olds
- Age Level classes for our PreK-5th graders
- We use GCP’s Show Me Jesus Curriculum for our elementary classes during our Sunday Communities hour.
10:45 Worship Hour
- Nursery offered for our 0-3 year olds. Toddler classes will have a short lesson from The Beginners Gospel Story Bible.
- PreK-2nd Graders will be released from the worship service before the sermon to attend Children’s Church.
- Children’s Church will rotate between Catechism units and the Teach Me to Worship curriculum.
- Children’s Worship Guides are available in the foyer for all of our children.
- 3rd-5th Grade students remain in the worship service with their families.
Big Goals for Little Ones
We have big discipleship goals for our little ones. Here is a glimpse of what we want our kiddos to know and be able to do as they grow in their faith.
2-3 year old’s:
- give prayers of thanksgiving. (“Thank you God for my family, food, pet, etc.”)
- name things that God created. (sun, stars, animals, people, etc.)
- tell who Jesus is. (God’s son, our savior)
- know that God loves them!
PreK – Kindergarten:
- pray individually (prayers of thanksgiving and petition).
- explain what sin is and name ways they have sinned.
- recite the Lord’s prayer.
- find the Old and New Testament in the Bible.
- tell their parents what they learned in Redeemer’s Kids today! (Practice this by asking each week and reading through the take home papers together.)
- work through the first 25 questions of the First Catechism (GCP Catechism Quest).
1st – 2nd Grade:
- recite the Apostles Creed.
- locate various books of the Bible. (Using index or from memory.)
- participate in serving others with their church family.
- work through the first 50 questions of the First Catechism.
- participate in class by leading prayer or reading verses or questions aloud as we learn together
- know the 10 commandments
- participate fully in worship!
- understand what the different parts of the worship service are.
- explain what the Lord’s Supper means and why we do it.
- navigate the Bible without much difficulty to locate Books, verses, chapter.
- work through the first 100 questions of the First Catechism.
- participate in class by reading passages, leading prayer, encouraging friends.
- teach their parents something new they learned in class!
- begin serving in the church if they are not already doing so.
- identify their own sin and repent.
- lead portions of children’s church.
- complete the First Catechism (150 questions).
- give their testimony!
While all our kiddos learn differently and at different paces, these goals give our teachers and families a framework to reference on where to start with discipleship.
Our hope and prayer is that we can come alongside parents to help disciple their children as part of our covenant family.