Dear Church Family,
- Head-coverings for women in worship?
- Is it a sin for men to have long hair?
- Is it a sin for women to have short hair?
- Is a husband the boss of his wife?
Let’s just say these issues are too big and fraught to attempt broaching in this Pastor Weekly format and medium! I especially encourage you to read and reflect upon this text before Corporate Worship this Sunday. For now, here are some general pointers:
- Men and Women were deliberately created to be different, but they are of equal worth to God.
- Cultural conventions related to how gender differences are distinguished come and go;
- But, especially in the Corporate Worship and gatherings of the local church, men and women should exercise thoughtful caution about throwing off cultural conventions.
- Our freedom in Christ does not give us permission to be disruptive or divisive.
- Men and women were deliberately created to be different, but they are of equal worth to God. (Worth saying twice in our current day and culture – see the Subject Line of this email!)
So have fun reading and grappling with God’s Word in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 ahead of this Sunday!
Yours in Christ,